- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Since the formation of the FGS, the country has made significant progress towards restoring peace & security. However, significant destabilizing factors remain. These include, most notably, the extant presence of violent extremist group Al-Shabaab, particularly in rural areas; recurrent & unresolved clan, land & resource based conflicts; weak & nascent institutions & the internal displacement of more than 2 million individuals. Whilst the transition, recovery & development needs of Somalia, after almost 3 decades of civic conflict & violent extremism remain a long term, if not generational process, such progress will be unachievable in the absence of solid foundations for peace & security, particularly at community levels.
- Our client in Somalia’s Transition and Recovery Pillar (TRP) unit promotes durable solutions to displacement for IDPs & returnees & works to prevent displacement in conflict prone areas through community stabilization & early recovery activities. Their TRP programs seek to build capacity & accountability of relevant governance structures to lead on solutions, provide assistance & (re)integration support to Displacement Affected Communities (DACs) whilst supporting locally led, participatory processes that promote intra & inter community cohesion, peace & ownership. Through govt led inclusive community planning processes & collective efforts for recovery focused on the most vulnerable, TRP programs also aim to support foundations for peace & reduce drivers of conflict.
- To ensure that TRP activities are relevant & implemented effectively, efficiently, according to objectives and in line with national, international & our clients specific frameworks on community stabilization & respecting the ‘do no harm’ principle & cross cutting issues, TRP unit has invested in its M&E unit. The unit is intended to monitor as well as measure & document the immediate impacts of TRP activities taking note of lessons learnt & providing support in implementing of corrective actions based on results of data collection & field observations.
- In view of fortifying the M&E unit, TRP is seeking an Enumerator Team Leader to support the M&E unit. Under the overall supervision of the National M&E Officer & the direct supervision of the National Program Officer (MEAL), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the M&E unit within the TRP program.
- Assist in conducting all facets of M&E assessments including post intervention monitoring, baseline, midterm & endline surveys by coordinating casual Enumerators in the field for data collection through household surveys, KII’s & FGDs, HIS in timely manner.
- Contribute to reviewing assessment tools in order to ensure accuracy of data collected, proper & precise transcription & translation of information gathered through household interviews, FGDs & KIIs.
- Interface with Enumerators & Enumerator Team Leaders to ensure effective communication during the data collection.
- Assist in continuously monitoring project implementation progress, outcomes, best practices, challenges & lessons learned & collecting relevant information for report writing.
- Assist in development of M&E tools for both content & kobo builder.
- Assist in implementation of gender mainstreaming by ensuring inclusion & active participation of women in M&E activities.
- Maintain proper records for M&E equipment including but not limited to smart phones for data collection & their accessories, cameras & other electronic devices for monitoring & documentation.
- Assist in trainings & orientation sessions for casual Enumerators to ensure adherence to the IOM code of conduct & child safeguarding & protection policies.
- Ensure timely updates to the tools for tracking project activities including M&E databases, indicator matrices & contribute to & develop air table or other activity tracking platforms.
- Provide administrative support to the M&E team during the identification & hiring of casual Enumerators by compiling the required HR documents from different locations.
- Undertake duty travels as needed and perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- This role will work under the overall supervision of the National M&E Officer & the direct supervision of the National Program Officer (MEAL).
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Science or any other related field with 2 years of relevant work experience or completion of High School Degree / Certificate with minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in data collection, analysis & field assessments.
- Must demonstrate prior experience in conducting KIIs & FGDs, baseline surveys, midline surveys & endline surveys.
- Must have worked in Africa for at least 5 years.
- Mus tbe fluent in English & Somali.
- Knowledge of any other UN official language is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of the MS Office suite of applications, especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate quantitative data analysis of different variables & use a pivot table to summarize data.
- Experience & knowledge on mobile data collection using Kobo Collect, ODK or, SMAP, etc.
- Ability to build rapport & good working relationships with peers & stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to write formal reports.
- Must be conversant with data analysis software.
- Basic understanding of applications on mobile technology & computers.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the M&E unit within the TRP program.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.