The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high-quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Support overview and maintenance of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines;
- Support the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control;
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports;
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals;
- Contribute to continuously improve internal grant management systems;
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing;
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports;
- Contribute to PCM procedures and usage of the NRC PCM framework in the Country Office, including inclusion of cross-cutting programme elements and M&E structures throughout all stages of the PCM;
- Review and adapt the RACI table in coordination with the Head of Programme
- Contribute to the capacity-building of the NRC team as per the needs assessed to implement the Programme Cycle Management SOPs
- Contribute to the identification of lessons learnt and incorporate them into the next round of programming together with the M&E and programme teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a document filing system for all project documentation
- Degree in International relations, Political or Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in programme development, management, and fundraising in the humanitarian sector
- Experience of donor relations and grants management (e.g. with institutional humanitarian and development donors), working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
Context/ Specific skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Working experience with international donor guidelines
- Understanding of Somalia context
- Systematic mind-set, attention to detail and capability of structuring a large amount of information in an easy accessible way.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
For more information, here is the Job Description
Duty Station: Mogadishu/Hargeisa/Garowe (flexible)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of Somalia Nationality!