Are you ready to be part of a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team that makes a difference in the world? This is your opportunity to join the largest humanitarian agency Saving lives and Changing lives.
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
Planning, Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (PMLE) in WFP Somalia:
The PMLE Unit actively and carefully monitors all WFP Somalia programmes using monitoring data to enable WFP Somalia to: continuously adapt the implementation of its activities; address operational constraints and changing realities; invest in learning, improve the design of future WFP programmes; produce evidence of best practices supporting advocacy among WFP partners for appropriate policy and programmes; and, to hold itself accountable to the communities it serves and its partners to achieve results. The unit builds upon three principles – evidence-based programming; evidence-based learning; and, accountability – to carry out the following functions:
a) Act as custodian of Strategic, Annual Planning and entire Programme Cycle Management in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
b) Improve the quality delivery of our interventions.
c) Inform and shape future design of projects and programmes.
d) Contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness, accountability and transparency of our interventions.
e) Capture learning to critically review our projects and programmes.
f) Capture learning for scaling up, replicating and promoting appropriate practices, and informing policy change and development.
We are seeking a manager to oversee the Planning, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (PMLE) Unit to implement the unit vision of “Measuring Lasting Positive Change, Influencing Programme Quality and Impact”. As part of the Country Leadership Team, you will contribute to establishing the Country Office (CO) as a learning organization and lead the Monitoring, Analysis and Evaluation activities to enable improved planning and delivery and to ensure learning becomes a critical part of how the programme operates.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the successful candidate, will manage and oversee the heads of three PMLE teams as well as contribute to the overall Unit vision and implementation. You will be expected to:
· Contribute to the quality delivery of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2022 – 2025, play a leadership role as stated in Somalia Country Office’s governance structure and support driving the corporate and country priorities.
· Define an integrated PMLE workplan in a consultative manner to provide strategic direction to the team, identify key priorities and have a realistic plan of activities for the unit.
· Build a high performing team through demonstrating world class people management practices. Attract and recruit the best talents, lead in an inclusive manner, provide development, learning and coaching opportunities for the unit team members and for the extended teams in the Area and Field Offices.
· Provide leadership and project management, including managing budgets, producing CO level strategic reports and progress updates, present to these reports to senior internal and external stakeholders, manage and continuously improve the ‘modus operandi’ of PMLE.
· Ensure that the CO and its cooperating partners use a well-prioritized M&E plan leveraging the proper tools that will provide the strategic outcome owners and activity managers the most relevant and strategic information to manage the CSP activities. Establish quality assurance and oversight mechanisms, to ensure a coherent, reliable and consistent approach in monitoring and assessing WFP’s outcomes and impact.
· Oversee the development of a detailed list of performance indicators for each of the CSP activities to enable them to assess the achievements as per the expected results and targets. Oversee the creation of relevant comprehensive CSP results dashboards including baseline and targets for all output and outcome indicators.
· Lead the assessment of data and identify additional and/or different monitoring requirements based on the analysis and interpretation of the CSP dashboard results
· Lead the improvement and expansion of monitoring modalities, tools and check lists for new types of monitoring required, based on the assessment of data and on the changing context
· Further develop and revise monitoring and learning guidelines to ensure quality, coherence and effectiveness of monitoring activities at all levels (CO, field offices, and cooperating partners).
· Define a M&E capability development plan based on a comprehensive needs analysis aligned with the Planning, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation strategy.
· Present the monitored data and main findings on a regular basis at the country leadership team. Provide technical support to senior programme officers, outcome and activity managers for the implementation of the recommendations and corrective actions based on the findings
· Support the development of learning agendas for all outcomes and activities managers to define the needs in terms of scaling up, replication, promotion of appropriate practices, policy and advocacy.
· Other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Education: Advanced University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, performance management or other related field.
Experience: Eight years of postgraduate progressively responsible and international professional experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning with expertise in setting up complex monitoring and learning systems, capacity development and establishment of results-based data systems in the humanitarian and development context.
· At least five (5) years’ experience managing teams with outstanding leadership and coaching skills.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Experience in managing stakeholders and ability to cultivate sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders e.g. government authorities, and implementing partners.
· Research experience: collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data using a variety of tools and approaches.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility to adapt individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from colleagues and internal/external changes.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
All applicants are required to submit their online application through the link below.:
The deadline to recieve applications is 31 May 2022.