Position: ADMIN/HR Intern
Direct Hierarchy: ADMIN/HR Officer
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Admin and HR Intern position in Hargeisa.
Under the direct supervision of the ADMIN/HR Officer, he/she is responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations of the human resources and administrative functions in the mission.
- Assist with recruitment and Interview process i.e circulate vacancy announcements for new recruitments of National staff through contacted NGO’s, career websites, newspaper,
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the Admin/HR Manager or Admin/HR officer
- Correspondences IN and OUT
- Internally manage the IN correspondences by creating and labelling folders
- General HR
- Update the field Teams with HR information i.e. information to be posted on the notice boards.
- Ensure that staff personnel folders are complete with all documents/contents as per ACTED policies (contract, CV, Application letters, Interview Records, Leave forms, certificates, diploma and other required documents;
- Assist the AHRO in filing of all processed HR papers and documents into appropriate files.
- Scanning all AHRO personal files
- Assist in regularly updating the staff leaves Follow up and planning
- Assist with the preparation and updates of staff data bases with the relevant information.
- Follow up of ACTED standard HR /Admin system and procedures.
- Follow up of staff Appraisal forms and assist the HR Officer in categorizing and filing it accordingly as per ACTED HR Manual
- Assist the AHRO on the follow up of the timesheets, payslips and leave forms at the base
- Contact the staff that have made mistakes on their attendance sheets for correction.
- Support the ADMIN/HR Department colleagues in daily relevant activities
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager or the ADMIN/HR Manage
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Working knowledge of Labour Laws is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Very strong personality and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good team player
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Strong focus on impact
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
How to apply
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 20 February 2023 with the subject line “ADMIN & HR INTERN – HARGEISA”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer