Requisition ID: req39765
Job Title: Admin Intern
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Galkacyo, Somalia
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, Governance, GBV, WASH and health reaching out to more than 300,000 conflict and drought affected people.
The Receptionist/Administrative – Intern provides the first positive image of IRC Somalia Program office due to her/his patience, ability to listen and assist visitors. She/he acts as the central point of Office checks record and dispatch all messages.
- Receive & schedule all visitors to the office, respond to their requirements and maintain a record.
- Assist in booking air tickets and accommodation for the teams and other travel itinerary as per instructions from Supervisor.
- Make taxi bookings for all staff upon request,
- Raise administrative purchase requests and submit to supply chain in a timely manner,
- Assist HR/Admin Officer in preparing staff payroll and other incentives.
- Liaising with receiving office to ensure advance hotel reservations and pick up of staff and visitors at the airport.
- Supervise the guesthouse smooth running; cleaning, meals and support to visitors keeping register of guesthouse use.
- Monitoring of general cleanness of the office, and ensure all garages are collated on weekly basis through contacting to the cleaning company.
- Maintain box/register of guesthouse and office key issuance.
- Keep orders of all stationeries and cleaning materials used in Baidoa office and get monthly stock reports from Supply Chain Department.
- Secure bookings of external meeting facilities as/and when required.
- Monitor and track utilities for staff houses, guest house and office and prepare payments in a timely manner.
- Maintain office security by following the laid down procedures for visitors.
- Ensure all security features in the office are working and notify supply chain of any failures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Management and Administration.
- Willingness to learn, adapt to team working environment.
- Computer literacy- word, excel, internet.
- Excellent spoken and written English skill.
- Clear diction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Smart appearance
- Good people skills
- Good organisational skills
- Initiative and thinks on their feet
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
How to apply
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances