P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
NRC Somalia is part of NRC’s East Africa and Yemen regional operation which comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across Ten countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Yemen, Eritrea, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania and Sudan). NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to enhance protection and promote the rights of displaced people in humanitarian need by improving living conditions and seeking durable solutions. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
The purpose of the Program & Admin Assistant position is to assist the programme team and the wider CMU team in their in the day-to-day activities of the BRCiS Project.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Support the consortium management unit in all administration related issues
- Assist in organizing and follow-up of administrative issues of relevance to the CMU.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the administrative functions
- Assist in arranging for internal/external workshops as well as meetings & conferences
- Support the CMU with the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, and trainings in person and virtual, upon official request by CMU.
- Assist in the organization of travels and field missions.
- Takes minutes for meetings, workshops and others.
- Supports the CMU in the collection and consolidation of information for donors
- Maintaining communication channels and platform for BRCiS Members and other stakeholders: filing on the team site, updating contact lists.
- Maintain, update and post on the BRCiS webpage as well as social media.
- Screen and respond to administrative enquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Raising purchase requests (PRs) for administrative procurements/ services for the CMU as per authorized requests from staff.
- Supporting the CMU Programme/Project Manager with the consolidation of quarterly reports for the SCRP GBV, GRM, and ESS in close coordination with the members’ safeguarding focal points.
- Keep the consortium informed about all administrative issues of relevance.
- Liaise and update the NRC Country Office Grant Office on the CMU grant calendar
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies:
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative, communication or programmes roles in a humanitarian and development organisations
- Demonstrated ability to execute administrative tasks in a timely and accurate way
- Ability to organize and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated understanding of the humanitarian sector
- Experience with social media / communication / event organisation
- Previous experience with Consortiums is a plus
- Attentive to detail
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Somali
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- University diploma in administration and management
- Project management knowledge and training is an added advantage.
- Computer skills in MS Office.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience (advantage)
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good public facing communication skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion and unfailing diplomacy
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels in a multicultural environment
- Able to deal with senior staff of NGOs/UN.
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Dynamic & eager to learn.
What We Offer:
Contract period: 1year, with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Mogadishu
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.