Job Title: Finance Coordinator, Area Office
Department / division / team: Finance
NCA Line Manager’s name and job title: Area Coordinator- Puntland
The Job Description’s main purpose is to direct and define an employee’s work and must be in line with both the Representation and the relevant department / division / team’s objectives. Job Descriptions should be reviewed regularly and should be changed if / when there are substantial changes in the position.
All NCA employees are expected to be team players, flexible and willing to contribute to NCA in other areas that may not be specifically defined in their Job Description at the direction of their Line Manager.
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Coordinator will ensure that all financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as NCA’s internal policies and procedures and government regulations including taxes. The Finance Coordinator is directly supervising the Finance officer in the field Office. This role also provides financial support to Program staff on budgets and budget status reports.
- MAIN TASKS
- Manage all day-to-day financial matters in the field office and support/advise finance teams in field offices in managing financial matters. Ensure maintenance of proper and accurate accounting records and archiving of supporting documents.
- In collaboration with Area Coordinator ensure compliance with financial management guidelines set out in the finance chapters of NCA’s Operations Handbook, country office financial guidelines and donor requirements, and government regulations and obligations including taxes.
- Prepare annual consolidated budget in collaboration with the Area Coordinator and program team and provide funding analysis of forecasts (including staffing and office costs) to NCA. Support the preparation and liaise with the Program team in preparing proposal budgets, ensure that support costs are properly recovered in those budgets and budgets meet donor requirements.
- Be the focal point for audits at Area office to receive communication and provide necessary information. Ensure spot check are carried on regular basis on payments ensuring compliance with NCA, donors, including proper supporting documents. Ensure implementation of cash management procedures and regular cash counts along with reconciliation with ledger balances.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly coded to respective grants and budget lines are accurate. Prepare quality financial reports for CO review and ensure timely submission to the donors. Maintain grant file for each project and ensure all documents including signed contract, budget, amendments, and other correspondence with donors is updated.
- Maintain an up-to-date allocation table/overview of funding of shared/support costs and prepare monthly allocation of staffing and other shared costs in line with NCA policies.
- Train, support, supervise and monitor the finance staff both for NCA and its partners ensuring that HO/donor procurement guidelines are followed.
- OTHER DUTIES / FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED TO THE POSTION
- Secure the recording of duly certified obligations in the relevant accounts relating to contracts, agreements, purchase orders and other documents.
- Verify that attached to each payment voucher is the appropriate supporting documentation indicating that the goods or services for which payment is being made have been received or rendered in accordance with the terms of the contract or purchase order.
- Be the Acting Finance Manager as requested.
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, especially in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field
- Relevant accounting certification (e.g. ACCA or CPA)
- Must be able to prioritize and have excellent time management & multitasking.
- Good problem-solving skills, diplomatic and self-directed.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation and leadership skills
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, particularly Maconomy
- At least six (6) years’ experience in relevant accounting and administration functions of an international NGO or donor organization.
- Professionally and emotionally mature and able to provide guidance to diverse staff and partners.
- Experience of working in Somalia Programs is an added advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Somali languages.The successful candidate will be expected to have a proper understanding, interpretation, and commitment to NCA’s vision, mission, values and strategies. NCA upholds the right of equal opportunity and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above are encouraged to apply.
Contract period: 12 Months with the possibility of extension.
Salary: According to NCA salary scale.
Duty Station: Garowe.
NB: Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened. Email application will not be accepted.