Area HR/Admin manager -SS -Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to Area Representative -SS
Role Dimensions Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
Under the direction of the Area Representative provide human resources and admin support to managers and staff in Southern States . The HR/Admin Manager performs advanced professional work advising SCI team leaders and team members on the applications of the employment benefits, workforce compensations of local laws and regulations, in the context of hiring, employment terms, compensation, disciplines, training and development.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree Or master’s in business administration, HR or related. or with relevant professional experience
- Previous experience of managing a similar personal administrative work.
- Minimum 5 years proven work experience in HR/administration and personal management within a busy working environment such as private company or INGOs
- Good computer and writing skills.
- Supportive personnel management style
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Good English language comman
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers
Application will be close on 31-Jan-2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents