Area IT Coordinator-SS: Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: Head of IT and Digital Transformation
Staff directly reporting to this post: IT Assistant and IT Intern
Role Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
The Job Holder is Responsible for overseeing all information technology in Southern States of Somalia including all Field Offices under the Southern States, and ensuring high delivery of IT services that enable efficient and effective program delivery. This will include responding to IT-related business needs, supporting and coaching IT staff in Field Offices, overseeing the implementation of IT projects, and acting as the in-area lead IT advisor to the senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Degree or Advanced Information Technology Diploma from a reputable institution
- Minimum five years of experience in ICT Support
- Familiar with all day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organization, with specific areas of the role involving familiarity with Windows and MS Office Products and LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches). Troubleshoot and administer a Microsoft Windows-based network (LAN) and servers, good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration, antivirus software for workstations and servers, etc.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting corporate apps like MS365, MDM Microsoft 365, MFA, etc.
- Experience in delivering Technology for Development Projects (T4D)
- Good communication skills and a solid positive attitude toward learning
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali Languages.
- Previous experience in an INGO is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Ability and experience in training end users or staff
- Commitment to Save The Children values.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers
Application will be close on 26th March ,2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.