SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position.
Job Title: area Logistics & Admin Officer
Location: Jowhar, Balcad and Adale (Middle Shabele
Functional Line Manager: Area Manager, Banadir & Hirshabelle Regions
Technical Line Manager : National Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics & Admin Officer will have an overall responsibility of ensuring Admin and Logistics support is provided for effective and efficient program implementation. S/He ensures that SOS Procurement procedures, policies and donor compliance are adhered to accordingly. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provides technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement management
- To support Program by managing order request forms for external procurements in consultation with Admin and Logistics Coordinators as well as facility Heads (FHs)
- To maintain Procurement Delivery Tracking Sheet for all purchases and delivery of them to the store and to the beneficiaries on daily basis.
- Liaise with Area Manager, Logistics Coordinator to follow up with all orders
- To ensure that all goods purchased are received by the store keeper with a goods receiving note
- To negotiate and secure best value and service benefit deals on local procurement and supply requests based on SOS logistics manual criteria.
- To update and maintain local vendor lists as per SOS standards and update and maintain local price lists template regularly updated.
- To ensure that all work-contracts are done according to SOS standard as well as all purchases are done in line with thresholds, paper works and authorities’ requirements of SOS Somalia procurement policy
- To manage physical receipt and paper works for donations-in-kind from other donor agencies and relay the documents further to the person in charge of finance department in Mogadishu.
- To make sure that all the payments are done by finance department for local orders, are cross checked against the initial procurement and delivery papers.
- Submits requests in good time to the National Office for the purchase of spare parts and equipment.
- Arranges cargo deliveries to projects and programs as well as prepares goods receiving notes and other documentation as required.
- Liaises with Government and other External Agencies
- Arranges contacts, communication and maintain good relationship with members of the local authority, government, organizations, business concerns etc in order to facilitate the work of SOS CV Somalia.
- Able to Prepares all necessary documentation and liaises with the appropriate authorities to obtain customs clearance, if required
- Transport and Distribution
- To manage SOS field vehicles and locally hired vehicles by ensuring that all transport requirements including vehicle log book, fuel, and maintenance as well as servicing book are in place. To liaise with and make recommendations to Logistics Coordinator with regard to the repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted
- To monitor and evaluate drivers’ performance, fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with the management of all matter’s logistics relating to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are managed correctly, used appropriately, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported immediately, usage of fuel is correctly managed, and logged and recorded in a log book. To carry out regular monthly checks on all tools and spares in all SOS vehicles as well as mechanical checks
- Plan, implement and control drivers’ issues including, performance, update training, and leave
- Store/warehouse management
- To ensure that all goods dispatched and received by SOS are recorded in SOS standard templates and are stored and handled well.
- To ensure that all the items stored in the warehouses are recorded in SOS warehouse paper works are kept filed as per SOS filing system
- To supervise weekly and conduct monthly stock taking as per SOS standards and produce monthly warehouse reports as required.
- To manage local store keeper (s)
- To keep up to date records and files on all stocks in soft copy tool of Stock Monitoring Sheet and disseminate store records once a month to all users in your location.
- Implement stock management procedures in all project warehouses and stores; ensure that the project supplies are stored and rotated in an appropriate way, ensuring adequate controls are in place and regular stock checks are carried out to validate the systems, and update on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that all location programme assets are logged on the programme asset register and issued with unique SOS Asset codes.
- Maintain tracking system of all equipment issued to the field and that staff are trained in the use and care of equipment issued to them.
- Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes
- Performs General Administrative Tasks & Communication
- Organizes in collaboration with the finance department the accounting documents to be sent to Finance at the National Office.
- Collects and arranges clearing of parcels from the concerned companies.
- Contribute to monthly logistics reports to the location office, in pursuant with SOS policies and procedures
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- To update the contact list and update the NO on same on monthly basis
- Coordinates the arrangements of accommodation reservations at field location when required for staff
- Comply with all relevant SOS policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Any other duties as assigned by the managing supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Logistic or procurement/ Business Administration or related degree
- A minimum of 3 years ‘relevant work experience providing a whole range of administration, and logistics services to an organization.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized logistics packages.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver complex and technical messages
- fluent in English, Somali and computer skills (other additional languages is advantage)
- must have experience in driving skills in manual speed operated vehicles and have valid driving license,
- Must be trustworthy, committed, teamwork, Creativity, honest, zealous responsible, Flexible and adaptable to different circumstances, Excellent communication, facilitation and equipped with interpersonal skills.
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia holds strict safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes Children’s Villages organization is also committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Closing date is 12th December,2022
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.