SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Asset Management and Warehouse Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/039/2022
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G5
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine Months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 January, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for
the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of Supply Chain Officer, and the direct supervision of
Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for handling Mission’s
assets and warehousing management. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update PRISM assets inventory list and ensure all relevant information
is updated in the PRISM system in line with the physical data, asset movement and
- Conduct bi-annually Mission’s physical asset inventory using MAIA application, update
the inventory list accordingly and send the asset inventory list to CAS Manila at the
end of the year.
- Liaise with CAS Manila to obtain approval related to asset disposal, transfer, and scrap
and retirement process in the system.
- Manage incoming, outgoing, movement and transfer of assets. Ensure newly procured
asset matched with the specification mentioned in the Purchase Order, update the
Assets Master Record (AMR), tag the asset and issue related proper receipt (Goods
Delivery/Receive Note, Asset Assignment/Return Form, or Asset Transfer Form).
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are
eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
- Generate asset QR sticker through PRISM and tag all incoming fixed and low value assets of the mission; replace and update the tagging as required.
- Prepare Asset Disposal Form (ADF) for missing and obsolete assets and obtain approval at the Mission and CAS Manila levels. Ensure the supporting document such as email and/or police report are attached.
- Make follow up of broken or unfunctional asset with the respective service provider or repair centre, and ensure provision of regular asset maintenance. Coordinate with IT Department and related user as required for further repair, replacement or disposal.
- Maintain proper storage system for IOM assets that are not in use by staff member, and ensure they are safely stored. Ensure the storage is always clean and tidy.
- Responsible for warehouse management and ensuring that the items received have supporting documentation and are checked for accuracy.
- Supervise loading and off-loading of vehicles at the warehouse
- Arrange for proper stacking of items in the warehouse and making sure that goods received vouchers are raised immediately and the bin card are updated immediately
- Ensure that all warehouse dispatches are supported by a fully approved warehouse request form and issue waybill and delivery note accordingly
- Make sure that the warehouse database is up to date at any given time.
- Prepare weekly and monthly warehouse reports and send to the Project manager and Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure maintenance & storage of warehouse tools as per IOM rules and regulation at all times.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Business Administration or relevant field with three years of professional working experience in managing procurement/logistics activities Or
- High school certificate with minimum Five years of relevant professional experience of above field.
• Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
• Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
• Sensitive to and awareness of the local development, Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
• High level of computer literacy
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
• Ability to work with national and international institutions;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
• Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Fluency in English and Somali both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
you be interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email address with subject of position title and SVN number (email@example.com) before the closing date.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.