Awards Officer-(Emergency Roster)-Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to Area Awards Coordinator-SS
Role Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
The purpose of this post is to support the Award Management Manager in ensuring that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. The position will play role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate qualification in business Administration, Commerce, Grants management or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements, auditing with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, DFID, ECHO and UN etc.)
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Proven record of accomplishment of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
- Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
- Professional for Computer applications (i.e. word, advanced Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints, financial and grant management systems).
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers
Application will be close on 16-Jan-2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents