MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization, offering assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man – made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and demands full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MSF Sool Project is looking for:
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
Customes & Clearance:
• Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for the project following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
• Managing and planning, in collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
• Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
• Being responsible for all customs and administrative related issues in area of responsiblity.
• Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delay), and proposing different third party providers for validation
o Support the Deputy PC on the day to day administrative tasks.
o Prepare and submit cash advance reconciliation documents to project office in Hargeisa.
o Manage office stationary supply and place orders on time to avoid running out of stock.
o At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers in local market for local procurements.
o Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
o Arrange accommodation for the visitors traveling from coordination or project.
– Support shipments from Garowe to Sool project.
– Assist in procurement from Garowe managed by HGA office (Collection of RFQs, Quality Check, Follow-up with supplier for delivery and collection of goods).
o Attend cargo reception from Airport/ importation ports to storage zone.
Skills and Qualifications
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, educational and work experience certificates plus National ID card to: jobs@Somalia.msf.org with email subject line “Base and Facilities Officer”
Deadline 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 10 May 2023;.
Only applicants with required qualifications, complete application, CV and attached supporting documents will be contacted. National ID Card is mandatory, candidates not submitting copy of their National ID cards will not be considered.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)