Cash Project Officer based in Hargeisa -Somaliland National Position (1 Position)
|Position Title:||Cash Project Officer|
|Reporting to:||Project Manage & OIC|
|Position Status:||locally hired position|
|Area of Operation:||Somalia|
|Employment period||Starting in May 2023, 6 months with the possibility of extension|
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE). In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
The Emergency Cash Project Officer (CPO) will work under the supervision of the R2L Project Manager, Head of Programs and Business Development and closely with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team. The CPO will be responsible for managing and following up the field based project implementation in Burao, Togdher region of Somaliland. He/She will be fully responsible target communities engagement and mobilization, enumerators trainings, field mass beneficiaries data collection and registration, household visits verification, baseline surveys, regular data collection from selected Cash beneficiates including Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), beneficiaries direct orientation sessions, identification, training, and mentoring of life-saving business beneficiaries to establish lifesaving income-generating activities. all required field level coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of the Cash project field activities in the spirit of providing the best possible value project beneficiaries.
- Ensure Cash program activities in the field are implemented in accordance with technical and timely requirements to the highest standards delivering the maximum possible quality and in line with project plans and in compliance with FCA’s standards and donors’ requirements.
- Contribute to project startup activity, including setting up plans for specific target localities identifications, action plans for beneficiary’s identification, data collection plans, and ongoing program management and administration of field teams across various field locations.
- Support beneficiary’s identification, registration, verification, crosschecking, and final selection in line with program plans, vulnerability selection processes, and standards.
- Supervise the fieldwork and oversee the day-to-day efforts of the project to ensure the work is done in a systemic way and according to plans and quality standards.
- Develop, and maintain up-to-date project implementation action plans, timelines, beneficiary’s forms, beneficiaries tracking sheets, cash transfer tracking sheets, referral tracking sheets, and any program related documents in both soft and hard copies.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability targeting approaches and criteria.
- Lead the design and implementation of beneficiaries’ orientation materials and sessions in close cooperation with other team members.
- Work closely with the local authorities to identify beneficiaries who will benefit from life-saving business activities. Especially, vulnerable women and PWDs in the target IDPs.
- Participate in planning baseline as well as end line data collection in line with the established evaluation strategy.
- Collaborate with the program teams and the Monitoring & Evaluation department to actively participate in conducting relevant assessments, data collection, and other related monitoring and evaluation activities as needed.
- Provide periodic (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ad hoc high-quality reports and up-dates on the status of the Cash program implementation.
- Identity, track, and write success stories and produce other communications and impact evidence written material as required.
- Ensure active engagement, timely communication, and proper coordination and liaison with all FCA’s support departments including Finance, Monitoring & Evaluation, Procurement, and Human Resources & Admin.
- Adhere to all FCA’s policies including Code of Conduct Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, Social Work, Business Administration, development studies, projects management, or other related field or other relevant degree.
- 3+ years of livelihood direct field experience and Cash Transfer programs.
- Experience in Somaliland humanitarian sector.
- Excellent familiarity with, and understanding of, Somaliland humanitarian context.
- Previous experience working in managing field activities with focus on cash transfer programming and life-saving income generating activities.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with UN, INGOs, Local NGOs government of Somaliland, private sector, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Successful and proven communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in the marginalized communities with understanding of challenges facing youth and women in Somaliland.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (i.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff. Conversing will lead to automatic disqualification.