Position: CCCM Database Assistant
Department: PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION_UNIT
Direct hierarchy: Information Management Officer (IMO)
Location: Baidoa, Hudur and Kismayo Somalia
Contract Duration: 31st December 2023
Starting date: May 2023
Number of positions: Three (3) positions
I. Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team players to fill the Three (3) CCCM Database Assistant positions based in one (1) Baidoa, one (1) Hudur and one (1) Kismayo Somalia.
II. Position Profile
Reporting to the Information Management Officer (IMO), the Database Assistant will be responsible to support the ongoing daily coordination of information needed for all sites selected by ACTED CCCM team.
- Weekly production/update of IM Products
- Including but not limited to: Demographic database, Site Factsheet, Vulnerability mapping; 4Ws; Activity Tracker; KOBO surveys…
- Weekly diffusion of IM Products
- Share the updated IM products to all actors involved in the humanitarian response on-site (i.e. actors active in the site, regional coordination bodies, local authorities…);
- External communication duties related to operation/sectorial/ad hoc meetings.
- Including but not limited to: update the contact list, send request for inputs to relevant stakeholders, send invites to meetings, send minutes following the meetings and all relevant material.
- Support with technical IM assistance other unit of the departments
- Including but not limited to: hold a contact list for committees, support in the draft of service monitoring factsheet, produce design for IEC material support information/awareness campaign in the camp, produce training material…
- Support IMO in managing the Outreach workers and enumerators.
- Including but not limited to: assignment of weekly tasks, monitoring of tasks’ completion, weekly report to PM on the tasks completed by the OTW and enumerators.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience Required
- At least 6-months – 1 year working experience in Information Management / administration of data using computers for an NGO (Nation or International)
- Proficient skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. particularly MS Excel);
- Experience using ODK/KOBO for quantitative data collection.
- Fluency writing and speaking local language.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to details.
- Does not reside in the sites.
- Degree with major in information technology, IT engineer, Accounting, Data analysis / data collection, GIS);
- Translation skills (from Somali to English and vice-versa);
- Certificate/Training in business management, accounting, or administration, database.
- 3-months managerial experience, including leading/supervising staff, report writing, meeting facilitation.
- Good in speaking and written English
How to apply
Qualified Nationals persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th March 2023 with the subject line
“CCCM Database Assistant indicate location eg – BAIDOA, HUDUR or KISMAYO” Kindly Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants, and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.