Position: CCCM Information Management Officer (IMO)
Department: PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION_UNIT
Direct hierarchy: CCCM Specialist
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Contract Duration: Until 31st December 2023
Starting date: May 2023
I. Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team players to fill the CCCM Information Management Officer (IMO) in Hargeisa Somaliland.
II. Position Profile
Reporting to the CCCM Specialist, the Information Management Officer is responsible for collecting, processing, analysing, and disseminating camp/site information to service providers, the CCCM sector and other actors.
Information Management Officer will be responsible to support the on-going daily coordination of information needed for all camp management activities in ACTED-managed Sites and development of IM tools. Additionally, the Information Management Officer supports in the identification and verification process for IDPs residing in the sites.
- Human Resources
- Manage and train the database assistant(s) and CCCM monitors or enumerators. Ensure quality and accurate work is being produced and standard templates and tools are used for reporting. Assignment of weekly tasks, monitoring of tasks’ completion, weekly report on the tasks completed by his/her team.
- Assignment and follow up of weekly tasks in line with a longer-term work plan
- Ensure the weekly production and update of IM products (including demographic database, site factsheets, 4Ws, activity tracker, service monitoring etc.) and share them externally with partners as relevant and in line with data protection mechanisms
- Ensure the CCCM Cluster/Partners has updated information resources available including camp maps, population statistics, camp profiles and information about all service providers
- Assess and monitor data and information systems to improve efficiency and accuracy of camp data. Gather data of appropriate stakeholders within and outside the camp to ensure information is accurate and consistent.
- Support the conduct of operational/sectoral meetings
- Maintain an updated contact list of service providers and committees
- Ensure minutes are taken and disseminated to partners
- Implement high quality data collection exercises, including demographic exercises, verifications, vulnerability mappings in coordination with protection unite and other relevant assessments by supervising a team of data collectors.
- Assess and monitor data and information systems to improve efficiency and accuracy of camp data.
- Conduct regular quality control of data. Conduct spot-check on data collected by all teams.
- Ensure that all data collection, storage, analyses and dissemination is in line with ACTED’s data protection principles. Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies.
- Help improve data visualization in information products, including revising existing templates and processes to better incorporate the use of visual displays, including graphs, charts and maps.
- Maintain and update the workers’ database and support the roll-out and implementation of ACTED’s daily labourer memo in the camp
- Provide regular weekly updates to line manager through the dashboard and weekly reports
- Ensure protection mainstreaming and collaborate with the protection unit in this regard.
- Perform any other activities requested by the line manager.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience Required
- At least 1-2 year working experience in Information Management / administration of data using computers for an NGO (Nation or International)
- University degree in relevant field (IT engineering, Data Analysis, Data collection, GIS, ect)
- Proficient skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. particularly MS Excel);
- Experience using ODK/KOBO for quantitative data collection;
- Experience in formulating IM related technical requirement and operating procedures.
- Fluency writing and speaking English and local language with the ability to translate document as needed;
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong attention to details;
- Does not reside in the camp
- Certificate/Training in business management, accounting, or administration, database;
- 1 year managerial experience, including leading/supervising staff, report writing, meeting facilitation.
How to apply
Qualified Nationals persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 2ndApril 2023 with the subject line
“CCCM Information Management Officer (IMO) in Hargeisa Somaliland” Kindly Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants, and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer