FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project:
Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP)
Communication Consultant – Central Bank of Somalia (Individual Consultant)
Deadline for submission of EOI
5th March 2023 4:00PM
- Background: The Republic of Somalia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP) project; and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the above project to finance the position of the Communication Consultant (Individual Consultant) for – Central Bank of Somalia
2 Responsibilities: The Communications Consultant will advise on how to present the ongoing transformation and progress to key stakeholders both at the CBS and, more broadly, with the Somali public and the wider global community. She/he will guide CBS on how to prepare and disseminate press releases and other forms of communication. She/he will also coordinate communications activities and events ranging from seminar and meetings, involving external and/or internal audiences. She/he will give recommendations on effective communication strategy that enables the CBS to speak with one voice and clarity. All other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: https://mof.gov.so/publications/communication-consultant
- Duration: The proposed duration for the assignment is Twelve Months (12) calendar months from starts date.
Skills and Qualifications
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Master’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience, in a relevant discipline (communication, journalism, international relations or other related fields).
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and Somali, and the ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
- Proven knowledge of visual communications principles and fluency with design software.
- Experience in leading communication efforts with minimal supervision as part of projects is required.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively with teams of various levels.
- Evidence of excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse work environment.
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services dated in November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
- Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
How to apply
- Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by 5th March 2023 4:00PM. local Time.
Project Coordinator, SCALED-UP Project,
Ministry of Finance, Federal Government of Somalia, Shangani District, Mogadishu, Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy E-mail: Procurement@centralbank.gov.so