Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Horn of Africa
ACTED is supporting man-made and natural disasters-affected populations in the Horn of Africa by delivering emergency aid and strengthening their resilience. Projects are designed according to the populations’ needs and include activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, lifesaving cash transfer programmes, camp coordination and camp management, as well as shelter and non-food items activities.
You will be in charge of
In close cooperation with consortium partners, the Consortium Coordinator ensures that the consortium’s project implementation according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor. The Consortium Coordinator facilitates close and effective coordination and collaboration between consortium partners, ensures high quality documentation of the project activities and ensures that project results are achieved.
Project Cycle Management
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Quality Control
- Grant Management
Skills and Qualifications
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context
- Being a strong team player
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset
- Salary between 3200 and 3400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com), including the reference: CC/SOM
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.