Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (hereafter DKH) is a German international humanitarian assistance agency with its headquarters in Berlin. It has regional offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, as well as country offices in its priority countries, which are responsible for the coordination of aid programs. DKH’s operating model is structured around implementing projects exclusively through a network of local partner organizations. As such, DKH’s core business is partner support and partner strengthening.
The ToGETHER program aims to support localized humanitarian action in eight countries, including Somalia. The program is looking to support the capacity strengthening of the Local Humanitarian Partners (LHPs). To sufficiently apply these standards, project staff & the LHPs staff that are directly involved in the ToGETHER program will be capacitated. As part of this process, Diakonie is looking to engage an expert who will support the LHPs in strengthening its Human Resources management, including developing human resource management, knowledge management, and performance management.
1. The objective of the Consultancy
The main objective of this consultancy is to strengthen the capacity of Local Humanitarian Partners (LHPs) and to gain an understanding of the basic concepts and methods in human resources management (HRM) and how their application builds an organization’s capacity overall. The key objectives of the assignment include:
- To provide knowledge of HR concepts and principles for planning, staff recruitment, orientation and management, policy to deal with discrimination/ harassment, compensation & benefits, transfer, rotation & career planning, termination of services, health, safety & environment, performance management system and disciplinary measures for misconduct, leave application form, employee reward.
- To review the current human resource system that exists and then develop a comprehensive Human resource management system that enables all LHPs to easily and routinely collected processes, store, and disseminate information about employees in the organization to support decision-making, planning, payroll generation, and analysis of various human resource functions.
- Provide good knowledge transfer in the areas of objective setting, and performance management.
- The consultant will expect to provide training on the use of the new comprehensive Human resource management system after development.
2. The specific objectives of the HRMS
- Review the LHP’s existing HRM systems and develop a robust human resource management system that details Personnel policies, Recruitment, and Deployment, Reward Motivation, Staff welfare, Performance Management, attendance and leave planner, and compensation benefits administration.
- A user-friendlily and highly secured system with easy and attractive graphical representations.
- Dynamic report-generating system.
The assignment will cover the following aspects:
- Conduct a desk review to collect relevant resource materials that will be required for review on the Human resource management system.
- Conduct capacity-building training on professional skills and knowledge in managing the employment cycle on key HR functions of recruitment and selection, learning and development, workforce planning, Performance Appraisal Process, and how to Create Training Programs.
- Facilitate discussions by All LHPs Human resource staff for consultation
- Ensure regular communication across the staff team about the process and plans during the consultancy period.
4. Expected Outcome
In line with the above-Objective of the work, it is expected that deliverables would include the following:
- Fully functional and Development of Human resource information Systems tools.
- Draft a clear Manual for use and guidance for the Human resource information Systems.
- Necessary guidelines and forms to support the HRM system.
- LHPs training for the key HR concepts and Human resource information Systems tools.
- Produce a full report after the end of the training and development of the system.
5. Location and Duration
The workshop will take place in Mogadishu for 5 days, preferably in March 2023. Five days after signing the contract, the consultant will provide Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe with the technical plan for implementing this consultancy that will articulate the overall requirements of the ToR.
6. Required education, experience, and competencies
- Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Human Resources development or organizational development
- Demonstrate that they have successfully undertaken similar activities in a similar region(Eg Somalia)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment in a developing country with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop an HR department and staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound HR advice to the executive management team
- Demonstrated ability to coach staff, Excellent organizational management skills, and work in multicultural contexts.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and planning skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in English. Somali language would be an advantage.
How to apply
Please forward all your documents CV’s, Financial proposal, and technical proposal in PDF format via E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 26.02.2023
Quoting the Subject as ‘Consultancy for Human resource Management – ToGETHER Project.
Incomplete applications will be considered inadmissible for further review by the selection panel.
For questions on the application process please contact the same email address (email@example.com ).