DEPUTY HEAD OF OFFICE
About the Job
The Deputy Head of Office supports the Head of office in managing the ICRC Baidoa office, implementing ICRC objectives and oversees various ICRC programmes within the South-West region of Somalia.
This is a national/resident position based in Baidoa, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports in the analysis of the humanitarian, political and security environment with an aim of identifying humanitarian needs in the area of responsibility, and in defining the office’s operational strategies and objectives
- Oversees all operational issues, programmes and activities in the assistance departments (Water & Habitat, Health and Economic Security department) which are under his/her responsibility
- Manages the internal support functions of the office, Logistics, and ICT, aligning their priorities with the Sub Delegations requirements
- Supports in the analysis of the security environment and related risks and suggests appropriate mitigation measures
- Provides to the Head of office regular weekly reporting on the security situation and shares ad hoc and timely reports
- In liaison with the Head of Office represents the ICRC externally through interaction or coordination with several external stakeholders, humanitarian actors, international community, and donors
- Monitors the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under his/her supervision, ensures that job descriptions are up to date, plans and coordinates employees’ activities ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year
- Supports the employees under his/her supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on the available internal and external training and development programmes
- Ensures timely and accurate internal reporting
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a Degree in a related field of study
- 6 years’ overall professional experience, at least 2 years in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of political, security, social and cultural of the assigned environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian assistance, emergency relief and related protection issues
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent, reporting, analytical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions when faced with highly challenging and sensitive matters
- Excellent command of English and Somali language
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 5th February 2023. Clearly indicate the position title Deputy Head of Office Baidoa in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job application, click on this link to fill the application form: Deputy Head of Office Baidoa
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.