- Hargeisa: Somalia
- time type: Full time
- job requisition id: R19061
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator will provide overall technical monitoring and evaluation support to all the projects assigned. The incumbent will closely work with the project managers to set, monitor and evaluate project performance targets in line with project objectives and to ensure that they are achieved. The candidate will be responsible for guiding the overall implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability related activities within the projects and provide timely and relevant information to the project staff. The DME Coordinator will also be responsible for strengthening the project M&E capacity, regularly monitor and evaluate the results to improve project performance; ensuring monitoring, evaluation and reported is practiced as a means to growing and maintaining a culture of providing credible, reliable, timely and cost-effective information for management decisions, accountability and learning in alignment with the project cycles.
- Assessment, Design & Planning
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
- DME Capacity Strengthening
- Capacity Building
- A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Community Development, Development Studies, Local Government or any related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation
- Professional technical skill desired: Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships; other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ work experience in community-based programming, local government or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies, of which at least two years must be in monitoring & evaluation.
- Other: Proficient in English language and Somali local language.
- Computer literacy is required working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, statistical packages as SPSS.
The position is field-based in Hargeisa, Somaliland with frequent travel to other target project locations.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only