- Location: Baidoa, Somalia
- posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: R17959
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager -Cash & Food
The MEAL Manager will provide technical leadership in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) functions for World Vision Somalia Cash and Food projects. The position holder will lead in the development and implementation of comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation plans for all Food and Cash Assistance projects. The incumbent will build capacity of the MEAL team to meet donor and WV partnership program quality standards. S/he will lead the roll out of accountability to affected population platform for the project in line with Core Humanitarian Standards and World Visions Program Accountability Framework (PAF). Core to the function is providing leadership and direction in evidence building, knowledge management and promote a culture of reflection and learning in projects to inform decision making processes at all levels of project management.
- Development and implementation of MEAL plans.
- Quality assurance and strengthening the capacity of the MEAL function.
- Project Reporting, including Capacity Building/Quality Control.
- Humanitarian Accountability.
- Research, Knowledge Management and Learning.
- External engagement, Collaboration and coordination.
- A Master’s degree in relevant technical field preferred (Monitoring & Evaluation/ Agricultural Sciences/ Public health/ Humanitarian Protection/ International Development/ International Relations).
- DM&E training with practical experience of at least 10 years, Humanitarian standards (SPHERE), specific training on donor reporting requirements, Security training.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of development issues, humanitarian emergency affairs, preferably with experience in developing countries.
- Experience of working and living in developing or fragile contexts.
- Demonstrated, superior project cycle management skills, including the ability to plan, track progress, match activity plans with budgets, and follow donor regulations.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Exceptional English languages skills, particularly writing skills.
- Computer skills with data analysis packages as SPSS, STATA, Excel, ACCESS,
- Ability to apply IT and mobile platforms for M&E.
- Presentation skills and experience in delivering M&E training programs for teams.
The position will be based in Baidoa, South West State with 60% domestic and international travel.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted