Closing date15 Dec 2022
City: Multiple Locations – Mogadishu, Garowe, Hargeisa.
Purpose of Position Setting
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements, as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
Professional experience and knowledge
Essential: At least two years of professional experience in driving cars. .
Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks.
Essential: English – Somali
- Fostering Integration and Teamwork
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and Managing oneself
How to apply
Please follow the below instructions when sending your application:
Send your CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Application for Driver – Duty Station: Please mention the DS you are applying for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.