P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Improve the community teachers’ ability to source, assess, develop and utilize a range of appropriate teaching and learning materials that can be used inside and outside the classroom for learners.
- Sustain the ongoing education development by encouraging participation and relationship building amongst learners, teachers and community education committees.
- Improve the classroom teaching and learning through classroom observations, mentor and individual and group assessments of community teachers.
- He/she should be in a high standard of performance, punctual and disciplined.
- Conduct daily school supervision and monitoring; develop and share field visit report with quality pictures.
- Support the project officers in developing community teacher induction and refresher training manuals.
- Support project officers in developing community education committees training manual
- Participate in the development and improvement of education monitoring tools
- Conduct teacher evaluations on teaching methodologies (Learner Centered Methods)
- Improve project documentation.
- Initiate innovative evaluations in emergency practices.
- Support project officers in reporting and procurement of scholastic materials, recreational kits and school uniforms.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for national Diploma level in education or related field of study with minimum of 3 years’ work experience.
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
What We Offer:
Contract period: Subject to the funding
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kismayo
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.