Emergency Finance Coordinator – Budgeting – Save the children International – Somalia Country Office – open to Somali nationals only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Responsible for coordinating the preparation and consolidation of donor proposal budgets and supporting in the production of high quality and timely management reporting.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Finance Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
Accounting Degree in Accounting is mandatory and Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA etc will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least four year’s INGOs experience especially in budgeting and financial accounting
- Experience with management information systems and strong excel skill and experience of solving complex issues through analysis
- Thorough knowledge of major donor rules and regulations and implications on budgeting
- Self-motivated with good time management skills and ability to prioritise workload, anticipate requirements, work to tight deadlines and communicate decisions on a regular basis
- Ability to operate in a changing environment: adaptable, flexible and supportive approach
- Proven skills on managing changes, achieving results, ensuring quality, team building and capacity building.
- Strong computer skills, especially on Accounting packages
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel to field offices occasionally
Please apply in English saving your cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
For more information about Save the Children in Somalia and to see a full a job description, visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/career
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and our working environment is inclusive and accessible.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Application will be closed on 1st January 2023
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents