Emergency Program Development Coordinator – Save the children International, Somalia Country Office – open to nationals
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Emergency Program Development Coordinator will work with the Head of Program Development to proactively seek out and disseminate information on new funding opportunities for the humanitarian response; cultivate excellent relationships with donor agencies, partners and SC Members; and coordinate the development humanitarian funding proposals in order to maintain and increase the country office’s response portfolio.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Program Development
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff.
- Advanced degree in an area of international studies, social development or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience in fundraising environment
- Substantial and proven experience of coordinating the development of/writing winning proposals with key institutional donors (including DFID, ECHO, European Commission, NORAD)
- Excellent writing/editing skills and budget development skills, with high attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to work effectively with other team members/departments, as well as influence, inform and negotiate with partners and donors
- Sound personal organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multitasking, prioritisation of tasks, and working under pressure
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player as well as individual contributor
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
- Information Communication Technology literate
Please apply in English saving your cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
For more information about Save the Children in Somalia and to see a full a job description, visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/career
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and our working environment is inclusive and accessible.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Application will be closed on 14th December 2022
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents