Requisition ID: req39990
Job Title: Emergency Response & Preparedness Officer
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
The Emergency Response officer (ERO) will be engaged in Crises modifier emergency response program planning support, data and information organization, compilation, and documentation, and assist in emergency response set up, trigger monitoring, monitor ongoing emergency response activity and compiling reports. She/ He will expect to assist CET team in emergency preparedness planning support activities such as cash Transfer programming, and Beneficiary Feedback mechanism, micro preparedness planning initiatives, participating on IRC direct NFI, Cash distribution, subgrant monitoring and is encouraged to spend over 50% in the field and deployments assignments in various regions in Somalia as needed. The ERO directly reports to the Emergency Response & preparedness Coordinator (EPRC) and works closely with the rest of CET team members based in different locations.
- Assist IRC Somalia Country Emergency Response Team (CET)collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information for crise modifier emergency responses.
- Assist meal team who are responsible for the Client feedback and response mechanism (CRM) from different field sites; and timely collect, organize the field complains and supervise database of the country EPR program at Mogadishu level.
- Assist in trucking emergency response coordination participation at regional level and also closely work with IRC field offices in compiling the participation in coordination.
- Assist in tracking the prepositioning and dispatch of emergency supplies to the field sites and also partners.
- Assist CET team to coordinate the field team by organizing on distribution and post distribution monitoring of NFI including medical supplies and share with other field teams.
- Assist in ensuring completeness, correctness, and consistency of the trigger monitoring data sheets for direct reports from the field offices; and sub-awards after review by ERR Team
- Assist CET team members in tracking and supervising procurements; Budget Vs Actual and tracking stocks of delivered items.
- Assist Emergency Response & preparedness Coordinator (EPRC) in preparing cluster coordination updates.
- Support and build capacity of field staff on project data organization and management specific to the project. – Support the ERR program in collecting necessary data and participate on emergency assessment and project monitoring with partnerships.
- Facilitate report compiling, submit reports and documents and follow up with partners to finalize the issue – Directly participating and tracking on NFI and cash distribution at field level.
- Grant, Budget and procurement Monitoring and Management
- Assist in tracking and check of spending of IRC direct interventions in the field is in line with original plan, and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for WASH NFI, ES/NFI materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Mogadishu.
- Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Mogadishu.
- Support in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster affected including documentation – Supervise budget utilization and follow up on the project implementation with time and connect with field time on any delays to take action.
- Assist in preparing data/information on emergency response updates (NFI, WASH, Health/Nutrition and CASH ) for sharing to the different inter agency clusters.
- Assist CET team to ensure the IRC direct intervention final proposals and reports from field offices are compiled and documented on the emergency Response “online Box” server for the different grants.
- Assist CET team in sharing feedbacks on direct interventions, reports and ensuring if review inputs are sufficiently addressed.
- Keep records of meeting notes/action points from the regular weekly or bi-weekly emergency response meeting.
Coordination and Working Relationship
- Work closely with IRC CET team members in all field office.
- Work collaboratively with IRC supply chain, finance, and admin/HR staff to prepare updates on procurements, recruitments Work closely with IRC Somalia Health, EH, ERD, Program, and other units in Mogadishu and in the field for increased integration and teamwork.
- Work closely with partners.
- First degree and Postgraduate is an added advantage.
- University Education in Health, Environmental Health, Social studies, community development, rural development or similar or related from a recognized University finance, business development,
- Proven abilities in developing (specify specific abilities or skills required).
- INGO experience is a plus –
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Very good command in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required – Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required. – Basic computer skill- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion
at IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation