The DRC Somalia Programme is the largest programmes in East Africa region and has been providing relief and development services since 1997. DRC is among the INGOs with the largest presence in Somalia, with country-wide programmes implemented through six main sub offices in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiran Region, Gedo Region, Bay Region and Banadir Region. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
About the job.
The primary objective is to get qualified enumerators to support tasks, assessments, surveys and routing data collection activities required by DRC in Mogadishu and surrounding areas. The main tasks that enumerators will be responsible are the data collection of all assessments, including rapid needs assessment, PDMs, KAP surveys, Baseline surveys, Mid-Term Reviews and Final evaluations. Hence, DRC will hire experienced local data collectors to undertake both quantitative and qualitative data collection with highest quality measures
- Through training, develop enough comprehension of the programs, research protocol, ethical requirements, the study population and the study tools.
- Work with MEAL/project teams to organize communities for interviews and discussions.
- Ensure data quality and sampling protocols by accurately and strictly following the guide/survey tools used for the specific data collection.
- Collect data by using structured interviews with the sampled respondents and service providers using pre-developed questionnaires.
- Participate qualitative interviews – Key informant Interviews (KIIs) and Focus Group Discussion (FGDs).
- Ensure completeness of forms for accuracy and consistency after the data collection.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of information gathered through interviews and Focus Group Discussion (FGDs).
- Maintain effective teamwork and excellent communication with both the team leader and all other data collectors during fieldwork.
- Continue effective communication with key staff to provide an update on the progress and challenges in the field and seek guidance on the way forward.
- Contribute in data quality check exercises soon after data collection and have a close look at missing and error reported data.
- Report all the problems encountered by the team leader and during the debriefing sessions.
Experience,Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 1 years working experience with humanitarian international NGOs on data management.
- Minimum of 1-year field experience in Mogadishu on the same field.
- Minimum secondary level education certificate, and/or Diploma in Statistics, social science, economics or computer application or any other related field.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office packages (i.e. Word and Excel) and SPSS.
- Familiar with local context and cultural sensitivity in Mogadishu.
- Proven ability to function well in an unstable and restricted environment
- Has effective communication skills (oral and written) and able to interview police officers at different levels.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Roster Length: 24 Months.
Designation of Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia.
Start date: January 2023.
The position is open to Somalia national only.
How to apply
Interested candidates must send A cover letter and CV as one documents using below email :
Closing date for applications: 18th December 2022.