Requisition ID: req37777
Job Title: ERD Assistant
Sector: Food Security
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Garowe, Somalia
The ERD assistant will work under the direct supervision of the ERD officer. ERD assistant is the field-level position for ERD programming. The assistant position will spend most of his/her time in the field, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, overseeing field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials, registration of complaints, payment to beneficiaries and generally over planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of ERD programs.
- Under the supervision of the ERD officer, undertake the timely implementation of all ERD related activities of IRC ‘s livelihoods programs.
- Assist the ERD officer in conducting field-based needs assessments and in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the pastoral livelihood programs in Puntland or other field offices.
- To assist in selecting communities/villages that IRC intends to work with the help of community elders and local authorities to ensure smooth running of IRC activities in terms of security, accessibility, collaboration and etc.
- Provide timely reports of activity progress, monitoring visits and assessments as may be required from time to time.
- Actively participate in community mobilization including organizing community meetings; beneficiary selection, liaise directly with communities, elders, and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in Puntland, regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Draft Monthly, Quarterly and Annual project progress reports and submit to the field officer highlighting progress of activities, challenges, and recommendations on way forward
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
- Computer skills data base knowledge essential
- Proficient command of spoken and written English and Somalia.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with communities and stakeholders.
Standard of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion
At IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.