||CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
|Overview of position
- Our client in implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination & Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery & monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
- Under the overall supervision of the CCCM Program Officer & the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (CCCM), the successful candidate will be responsible for our clients site management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM global cluster policies & strategies.
- Support coordination with various operational partners & other relevant stakeholders by maintaining regular communications & participating in joint activities such as field assessments.
- Monitor service provision & the overall site conditions to identify outstanding needs & liaise with relevant partners to address any shortcomings, in compliance with agreed standards.
- Provide support in identifying, analysing & prioritising site needs & engage the displaced community in developing strategies to address any problems.
- Develop, maintain & disseminate service mappings of the sites to identify gaps & advocate for solutions.
- Conduct site safety audits & engage relevant partners on the results, to ensure the safety & wellbeing of the site populations.
- Facilitate mobilization, training & equipping of displaced communities.
- Monitor & document all site maintenance & risk reduction works & regularly visit sites to ensure minimum standards are met.
- Account for & ensure maintenance of equipment, supplies & facilities needed for CCCM activities.
- Assist in compilation of timely & comprehensive reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
||This role will work under the overall supervision of the CCCM Program Officer & the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (CCCM).
- University Degree in Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field of study with 3 years of relevant professional experience or a High School Diploma / Certificate in the above fields with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar geographical context.
- Experience working with IDP / refugee community group / committees, particularly women’s or minority groups & / or on protection programming.
- Must have atleast 3 years of relevant experience in Africa.
- Excellent command in written & spoken English & Somali is required, fluency in Swahili is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative & work with minimal supervision.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
||This role has no team management responsibility.
||Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
|Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.