Requisition ID: req39759
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Galkacyo, Somalia
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent is required.
- At least 2 years of finance and accounting experience in a similar post.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and SAP is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and financial interpretation skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in and as a team.
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity.
- Knowledge of local Somali language.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organization, in particular working in Emergency programs and participated high rapidly changing environment.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Good organizational skills.
- Competent to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances