A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager
Supervision of Finance staff
Duty station: Jijiga
Travel: 5% travel to project sites
Project number: ETFM2106, ETFM2108, ETFM2301
Duration and type of contract: 12 months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/ project implementation Jijiga Area Office. Ensure that the accounting, monitoring, and reporting are according to procedures. Review payment documents and ensure accuracy and compliance with donor requirements.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure that Area Office set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor, and audit requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows.
- Support the Area Finance Manager for the Management of Area office’s finance team
- Provide regular analysis and reports for the projects
- Support the management to Implement anti-corruption policy
- Management the financial software for proper control and regular periodic closing
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Review and ensure accuracy of all the financial data entered in to Agresso and timely closure of the accounts every month.
- Review payment documents and ensure accuracy and compliance with donor requirements.
- Support project staff in financial matters especially with timely payments.
- Represent finance in procurement process meetings.
- Support Area Program team in following up with the budget holders on BVAs, spending plans and monthly cash forecast.
- Support in dealing with Banks, the relevant reconciliations, etc.
- Focal point between the Country Finance Manager and Area Office finance team
- Support preparing Master Budget and Donor Budgets for the Area Office
- Ensure data archiving as per NRC standards and policies.
- Support in audit related requirements as and when required.
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports and supporting documentation from Implementing Partner Organisations.
- Capacity building of finance and non-finance staff of Area Office.
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent fields
- Minimum 5 years of work experiences out of which 2-3 years as a Finance Coordinator in an INGO or humanitarian agency
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is must.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system
- Knowledge of the context in the Jijiga Area Office
- Willing to travel to remote project locations, ability to work flexibly including weekends.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust