View more 2 weeks ago
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Adhere to policies and procedures set out in the financial management handbook in NCA’s routines and guideline; and any other manuals relevant to tasks assigned; ensure that program staff also follow the same.
- Contribute to development of financial information required by Donors and adherence to their rules and regulations.
- Work with the Finance Coordinator, Finance Manager and Area coordinator to complete Somalia program monthly financial reporting deliverables accurately and on time. Balance sheet, trial balance, income & expenditure statements.
- Act in the role of Finance Coordinator as required.
- MAIN TASKS
- Assist in ensuring that Somalia financial records are up to date in the field location properly recorded in the accounting system and comply with NCA and Donors financial policies and standards.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator, he/she will support in analysing, summarizing and in presenting financial information to Management, Auditors and Donors.
- Thoroughly verify monthly financial documents from accompanied Partners and field offices before they are entered in Maconomy.
- Responsible for efficient use (cost efficiency), effective and ethical management of Somalia program resources; by monitoring expenditures and use of innovative working techniques.
- Ensure correctness of NCA Somalia financial data in the locations and that there is compliance to all statutory and taxation requirements as per law.
- Follow up on all outstanding receivables & payables due to/from field office operations including staff while ensuring settlement of the same.
- Support the Area office Program team on quality and accurate budgeting, grant management, accounting and reporting including fund raising initiatives. Developing financial capacities to NCA Somalia staff and partners. Provide technical support and advise Finance Coordinator and Finance Manager on NCA Somalia financial matters.
- Work directly with the Finance Coordinator and Finance Manager to complete Somalia program monthly financial reporting deliverables accurately and on time. Balance sheet, trial balance, income & expenditure statements.
- Assist and participate in all audits undertaken by NCA. Both organizational and project specific audits
- Undertake day to day running of the finance office including making of payments, Banking activities and any other related tasks such as cash and cheque payments to suppliers, bank reconciliations, prepare Per diem/travel Voucher payments and any field advances, support and or prepare payroll, compliance to statutory obligations, etc.
- Monitoring NCA and partners activities in the program locations, undertaking due-diligence activities linked with partners’ finance and capacity building of partners.
Performs any other relevant tasks delegated by the Finance Coordinator in the day to day running of the Finance Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, especially in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field
- Relevant accounting certification (e.g. ACCA or CPA)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, particularly Maconomy
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- At least three (03) years’ experience in accounting and administration functions of an international NGO or donor organization.
- Professionally and emotionally mature and able to provide guidance to diverse staff and partners.
- Experience of working in Somalia Programs is an added advantage.
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Personal initiative.
- Team player.
- Proactive and reliable.
- Presentable, friendly, patient, persistent and firm.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and work with limited on-site supervision.
- Ability to assess situations critically.
- The position holder will be subject to multi-directional demands and should be able to manage their time effectively.
- The job requires the holder to be available beyond the official working hours.
- Occasional tasks/travel may expose the position holder to risks.The successful candidate will be expected to have a proper understanding, interpretation, and commitment to NCA’s vision, mission, values and strategies. NCA upholds the right of equal opportunity and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above are encouraged to apply.We Offer
Contract period: 12 Months with the possibility of extension.
Salary: According to NCA salary scale.
Duty Station: Garowe.
Travel: SomeNB: Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened. Email application will not be accepted.