FIRST AID & PREHOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
The First Aid & Prehospital Emergency Care Field Officer supports in the implementation of the First Aid and Prehospital Emergency Care program and health program activities in Jubaland state. First Aid Field Officer carries out all the duties and responsibilities of the role in consultation with the respective field management team.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia, with frequent work-related trips across Jubaland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops assessments and analysis for new projects, particularly in areas prone to increased conflict within the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Supports in the implementation, facilitation and monitoring of the First Aid and Health Programs
- Supports in the development of training and activity plans for all Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) branches
- Liaises with the sub-delegation management team, health department and interlocutors to determine new areas of priority for First Aid activities; particularly Community First Aid Trainings (CFAT)
- Assesses priority areas and assists in the development of the First Aid training program content, structure, and activity plans
- Assists in the development and facilitation of project plans with measurable targets and outcomes
- Supervises and monitors training and activity standards
- Collaborates with Somali Red Crescent Society and other interlocutors in collection of data
- Ensures First Aid inventory and re-order levels are maintained at optimum levels
- Develops and maintains a network with external interlocutors
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other actors in the health sector within the AoR
- Provides reports on training, field activities and response data
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree in medical or paramedical discipline or a related field of study
- 4 years professional experience in similar health activities
- First Aid knowledge with a valid First Aid certificate
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong pedagogic facilitation, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels regardless of the audience
- Good knowledge of the socio-cultural, economic and political environment of Somalia
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 3rd January 2023 Clearly indicate the position title First Aid & PHEC FO Kismayo in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job application, you are required to click on the link below and fill the job application form:
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.