Closing date 13 Dec 2022
Under the direct supervision of Logistics/Admin Associate and overall supervision by the Operations Officer, the incumbent has front-line support for all aspects of fleets in the WHO Somalia office and its sub offices. This involves ongoing contacts with all staff to ensure that transportation needs, and requirements are identified and fulfilled. Further, vehicles are safe, equipped, always maintained and available.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of the position:
- Support in the development and the timely implementation of effective fleet management tools and procedures that align with WFS guidelines.
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly equipped with spare parts, good functioning communications and safety equipment.
- Ensure logbooks are available and are properly updated and maintained for all vehicles.
- Manage dispatch of vehicles to meet staff transportation needs on timely manner without delays.
- Generate monthly KPI report for WHO Somalia fleet in the three offices which include KM/litre, USD/KM, vehicle availability among others.
- Continuously collect and compile data and information related to improvements required for standardization and development purposes of the WHO Somalia fleet.
- Develop and maintain database of service providers for fleet management, ensure excellence in delivery of services, prepare assessment reports, ensure timely renewal of contracts and insurance policies.
- Generate and analyse track point data for decision making for those vehicles that are fitted with tracking devices.
- Support in the development and ensure timely implementation of a clear vehicle disposal procedure informed by KPIs and vehicle running costs.
- Provide guidance for the management with regard to the procurement of vehicle types that meet WHO Somalia country program needs.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Completion of secondary school
First university degree in engineering, mechanics or logistics and supply management from an accredited/recognized institute.
Professional certification in areas such as transport and/or logistics operations management. Training or knowledge of information management systems and their application to logistics, transport or supply management and monitoring.
Professional experience and knowledge
At least five years’ experience, at the national levels, in managing fleet logistics operations, and/or experience in fleet management operations in military, commercial or UN agencies, NGOs or international organizations/institutions at field level.
Prior humanitarian working experience in developing countries, with expertise in health programs at country level is an asset
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Describe the core, management or leadership competencies required – See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.