Internal/External vacancy for Fleet Coordinator
Vacant Position: 1
POST TYPE: National
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Fleet Coordinator’s Primary role is to proactively Manage Day to Day Fleet Operations management related activities, ensure that the Light vehicle Rental and Freight transport vendors are in line with the SCI Fleet regulations and that payments related to the rental service are settled on time; any Fleet service charge related data are properly handled, and associated charges from specific user projects are made on due time; and also act as Focal Point for the Light vehicle rent and freight transport service providers
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Senior Supply Chain Coordinator With dotted line management Area Supply Chain Manager –East.
Staff reporting to this post:
Mechanics (5) & Drivers (20+)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Managing day-to-day fleet operations management( Light vehicle rental, Freight transport, Fleet service charge) activities
- Ensuring that all Rental vehicle Drivers Licenses are screened before integrating the drivers into SCI Operations
- Ensuring that all Rental vehicle Drivers have Read, Understood and Acknowledged the Child Safeguarding Policy and Anti-Fraud Policy
- Managing the rental vehicle allocation and planning
- Ensuring that Vehicle Requirements are projected, planned and procured in a timely manner
- Managing & Ensuring the Log-Sheet and Fuel Slips submitted by Drivers are accounted for, and to conduct random checks on the vehicle odometer to check for discrepancies, if possible
- Will be under the Jigjiga field Office supporting the East Area Field Office due to the workshop location in Jigjiga.
- Maintaining records of fuel usage and mileage for each vehicle in order to prepare invoices for billing purposes
- Reporting vehicle accidents or other incidents involving company vehicles to insurance companies or legal departments as appropriate
- Working with the human resources department to schedule employee training on company vehicles or equipment.
- Maintain a database of truck and driver information.
- schedule fleet maintenance and repairs
- Work with external vendors, including mechanics
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and tires
- Managing the Service Contract with the Provider in a Professional Manner
- Managing the Rental Drivers in a Professional Manner
- Timely picks requests from pro-save
- Investigating/Reporting of any late submission for Vehicle Request
- To conduct Valuable regular meetings with Subordinates and Transport Operators to provide advice, improvisation plan and discuss internal strategy
- To work together as a team with Subordinates to solve impediments
- Coordinating with third-party vendors to arrange maintenance and repair services for vehicles.
- Continuously exploring ways to improve the Fleet Management Operations in the country office
- The following statements of duties, and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors.
- Work closely with the areas supply chain manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
- Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risk
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain/Mechanical Engineering and/or Operations Management
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Similar level.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of compliance and risk management
- Attention to details
- Ability to make Decisions under pressure without guidance
- Good communication skill in English
- Data collection & Management
- Documentation & filing skills
- Setting priorities and time management
- Good command on MS Office particularly in MS-Word and Excel
- Outstanding communication and Contractor management skills
- Reasonable Negotiation skills
- Good NGO Operation Understanding
- Knowledge of fleet operations management in Humanitarian emergency and Development contexts
- Proficient in computing – Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint) internet
Additional professional certificates: Grade 3 Updated Driving license
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply:
- Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply:
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.