About the Job
The Gardener maintains office gardens and ensures general cleanliness around the ICRC Premises.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that gardens and outdoor area within ICRC premises are well maintained, neat and tidy
- Takes care of the indoor plants for a good office ambience
- Ensures that gardening tools and equipment are well maintained, serviced and in good working condition
- Undertakes basic repairs of tools and garden machinery
- Performs other manual tasks; painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures, when need arises
- Handles minor plumbing repairs and electrical issues when need be
- Adheres to the Health and Safety regulations
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Primary School certificate
- 2 years’ experience in a similar job
- Experience in hedge cutting, mowing and the use of the relevant tools/equipment (Lawn mowers, grass trimmers, hedge cutters and leaf blowers)
- Ability to communicate in English, A2 Level and fluent in Somali language
- Self -motivated and possess immense pride in your work
- Organized, good planner and tidy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates good team working spirit
- Works independently with minimum supervision
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 27th February 2023. Clearly indicate the position title Gardener Kismayo in the subject line of your email.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information