GIE Project Intern
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
The Country Office in Somalia/Somaliland is currently recruiting a:
GIE Project Intern
Fulltime / 40 hours a week
Contract length: 6 Month with the possibility of extension
Location: Hargeisa, with frequent travel to other offices
The intern will provide admin and program support to development team, more specifically the gender advisor. The intern will provide continuous support to gender in emergency project team required support to fast-track project monitoring and implementation. The main role of this position is to support on issues such as preparing monthly plans, processing payments, raising requisitions and travel requests any other program support required. The intern will support field on all program issues.
More specific roles of the intern include:
- Scanning documents such as TAR’s, payment requests and approval emails for the field teams to make sure project implementation at field is on track.
- Participate field monitoring to check GIE project status and document success, challenges and learning for the gender in emergency project.
- Support project team, especially the project manager in preparing support documents for finance payments, raising requisitions and TAR’s.
- Support GIE Project MEAL on data entries, performing basic data analysis and contribute field report where necessary.
- the intern will work closely with field team and to support of any follow ups, preparation of support documents and getting approval for field visits or any other support required by the field team.
- The intern will support project teams preparing of workshops or program meeting to arrange venues, prepare documents and liase with logistic team for vehicles arrangement.
- Will support consultants to have data collection to be on ground, preparing vehicles, follow up of field work and consultancy plans.
- The intern will support other development program team such as economic development and gender justice team in prepare and submitting program documents.
- The intern will have close working relationship with finance and logistic to check if there is any missing support documents or information from project team, consultants or Women right organizations or CBO’s that gender in emergency project will work with.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management, Social Sciences- Development studies , social work or related fields.
- Good competency to communicate with English both in speaking and writing.
- Good analytical skills is an added advantage.
- Recent graduates will given priority for interview and short listing.
Please apply for the position by clicking the Apply button. Application Deadline on 23 January 2023. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and assessments might be carried out before the Deadline and the internal candidates will be first priorities
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.