About the Job
The Head of Office works closely with the Head of Sub-Delegation in the management of the Sub-Delegation and in the implementation of ICRC objectives and oversees specific thematic or programs depending on the context.
This is a national/resident position based in Hargeisa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports in development and implementation of the Sub-Delegation’s security rules, in line with the overall security framework established by the delegation and ensures that security rules and procedures are followed by visitors, all staff under his/her supervision or operating within the region
- Provides analysis of the security environment and related risks, suggests measures, and supervises their implementation, manages security in the Area of Responsibility (AoR), discussing and involving his/her line manager in any potential changes in the security framework, and provides sound reporting on the security situation.
- Regularly reviews the security situation in the AoR based on his/her own analysis, input from team members, and contacts with stakeholders, such as authorities, elders and parties to the conflict
- Supports in the development and implementation of sound and strategic operational decisions within the Sub-Delegation and, in cooperation with the respective Heads of Department, implements and monitors operational issues, programmes and activities within the region
- Represents the ICRC externally and contributes to building the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC amongst the various stakeholders
- Faciliates the work of all departments by building relationships with the local community and ensuring coordinated responses
- Maintains constructive relations with the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) branch and sub-branches
- Supervises and follows-up all Administrative, HR and Financial matters of the office and ensures adherence to the relevant procedures
- Supports the Communication department’s missions and initiatives and facilitates the activities
- Manages and monitors the performance of staff working under his/her responsibility
- Provides timely, accurate reports and generates statistical data related to office/operational activities
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in a senior management or leadership position in a humanitarian environment
- Excellent knowledge of political, security, social and cultural of the assigned environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian assistance, emergency relief and related protection issues
- Experience in security management in a volatile context
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent, reporting, analytical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions when faced with highly challenging and sensitive matters
- Highly proactive, decisive and diplomatic individual required
- Good understanding of ICRC operations and mandate is an asset
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team
- Advanced level computer skills
- Excellent command of English and Somali language
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 4th December 2022. Clearly indicate Head of Office Hargeisa in the subject line of your email message when submitting your application. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Additionally click on this link to fill job application form – Head of Office Hargeisa
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.