About the Job
The housekeeper maintains a comfortable working environment by ensuring that the office area and other facilities within ICRC premises are always clean and tidy.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a clean and tidy office area, kitchen and compound
- Ensures the office floors, surfaces, and furniture, walls, doors, and windows, carpets are clean
- Cleans the washrooms and replenishes the essential items
- Ensures stock levels are maintained for all the required cleaning materials
- Ensures safe and effective use of cleaning equipment and supplies
- Plans for maintenance and cleaning of the relevant equipment
- Reports to the supervisor any maintenance requirements
- Ensures proper garbage disposal
- Adheres to the set safety standards and security rules
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Certificate of Primary Education
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy environment
- Experience in Vacuum cleaning and use of other cleaning materials
- Fluent in Somali and at least elementary level proficiency in English
- Good interpersonal skills
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 20th December 2022. Clearly indicate the position title Housekeeper Kismayo in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.