Position : Human Resources Officer
Duty-station : Mogadishu
Direct Reports : None
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. SRCS is currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Human Resources Officer based in SRCS Mogadishu Coordination office.
The HR Officer assists in attracting and recruiting staff with the skills and profiles needed by the SRCS. He/she contributes continuously to the HR training needs analysis by identifying HR issues (within his area of expertise) on a day-to-day basis and ensuring information flow to the hierarchy as well as deploying and implementing HR policies, procedures, systems, and tools in the field, and train managers and staff on the same. The HR Officer assists for ensuring the day to day HR functions are performed in accordance with SRCS human Resource policies and procedures and HR best practice and to provide direct support and to Program Managers/directors and staff on HR policies and procedures. He or she will assist to the HR Manager in implementation of the annual HR objectives and other HR projects. Along with administering employees’ benefits, such as gratuities. The HR officer will also work with insurance providers, manage staff medical and life insurance (reimbursement, addition, and deletion, staff accident injury case, incident reports and monthly staff health insurance report. Circulating information related to medical insurance updates.
Under the guidance of the HR Manager, the HR Officer will assist for providing quality and efficient HR support to all SRCS entities across over south central and Puntland zone in accordance with the organizational policies and procedures.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the HR Manager in developing, establishing, maintaining, archiving and auditing HR and administrative systems.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and updated while ensuring adherence to highest levels of confidentiality
- Participate in the recruitment process in all south central and Puntland to ensure compliance with SRCS hiring procedures as outlined in the HR Manual as well as preparation for contracts for incoming staff.
- Receive new employees and conduct preliminary orientation in HR and SRCS Code of Conduct
- Ensure all new staff are added to the medical & life insurance cover by updating the insurance lists and invoices processed for the service providers.
- Support offices in carrying out and archiving staff recruitments, as well as maintaining a preferred candidate’s roster in Mogadishu coordination office.
- Assist Mogadishu coordination Office, branches and projects staff in coordinating the objective setting/mid-year review and annual performance appraisal exercise. Liaise with relevant supervisors to ensure all the relevant appraisal forms /documents are submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist in administering exit interviews and monitor clearance by exiting staff.
- In liaison with the regional offices, ensure all branches are tracking and maintaining an updated leave schedule/plan and ensure complete documentation for movement at all times.
- Assists with the completion of necessary reports or compilation of HR information as requested.
- Ensure that probation objectives and reviews are carried out in a timely manner and that managers/directors are tasked to act on arising concerns.
- Manage staff leaves and prepare annual leave planner, flow up utilization, and distribute tracking balances.
- Draft offer letters and staff contracts and share with the HR Manager/HR Director for review.
- Ensure that the employee receives and sign contractual documents on time and as per recruitment plan.
- Ensure the original signed contract document is sent to HR Manager.
- Assist in preparation of payroll and ensure that all payroll changes are captured every month.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the HR manager.
Skills and Qualifications
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor in Human resource management, Business administration or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of human resource experience, previous administrative experience in professional office settings is a plus with at least 2 years continuous practice in a similar position.
- Proficient in IT – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS (Human resources Information Systems)
- Direct experience of organizing emergency/large scale recruitments.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred and has ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building and excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and professionally in accordance with the departmental procedures.
- Knowledge of Somalia labor laws and ability to fully understand organization’s HR policies & procedures.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line. If you fail to write the subject line, your application will be disqualified.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Deadline for Applications: 25th April, 2023.