The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Provide help desk support to all users on IT issues.
- Ensure all staff adhere to ICT related guidelines, procedures and standards
- Maintain regular contact with the ICT Coordinator in Mogadishu for feedback and support on the performance of the network operations to ensure optimum performance
- Provide ICT technical support to the Puntland field offices to ensure respective network optimum performance
- Provide hardware and software support to all program equipment, printers, computers, laptops etc.
- Schedule regular computer-related service, maintenance and license renewals
- Update the data disaster recovery plan and implement when appropriate
- Define, deploy and maintain system security for shared services and equipment
- Maintain protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls) for the entire office setup
- Troubleshoot NRC mailing system problems, and ensure smooth running of office mail and the MDL
- Setup internet connectivity for all staff as well as visitors
- Capacity build staff on current and new ICT systems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing user support for all typical office ICT specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Router.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep up to date with modern trends in technology and match this with internal specifics.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels .
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
What We Offer:
Contract period: 1year, with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.