Job Title: ICT Assistant
Reports to: ICT Manager
Direct reports: None
· Senior Management Team
· Programme Coordinators, Programme Managers, Logistics, HR and Admin, programme staff based in Mogadishu, Baidoa and Hargeisa offices
· Concern Partners
· ICT department in Dublin and Regional ICT Advisor.
Job Location: Mogadishu
Contract Details: One (1) year renewable
· Ensure day to today running of ICT activities in all the country programme offices in Somalia
Main duties &
· Implement and support ICT related systems & network infrastructure installations in accordance with Concern policies and procedures
· Carryout hardware moves between sites and offices as needed.
· Implement regular planned hardware and software upgrades as needed.
· Implement, monitor and support organisation hardware security and protection standards including power surge protection and UPSs.
· Monitor and support data backup and assist in data recovery when needed.
· Undertake field and project support assignments as agreed with the line manager (e.g., for standard preventive maintenance routines, programmes and support ICT requests etc.)
· Troubleshoot and report any problems with office productivity systems e.g., photocopiers, printers etc.
· Liaise with nominated external IT suppliers, support and maintenance companies e.g., with the ISP in relation to connectivity performance and issues …
§ Provide continuous and effective ICT solutions to the organisation.
§ Ensure that all staff in the organisation offices have adequate and appropriate knowledge of IT usage.
§ Oversee that all computer end-users are provided with adequate and appropriate trainings based on set criteria of needs agreed.
§ Contribute towards ICT reviews in field offices to ensure the IT systems are working as per defined standards and procedures.
§ Assist in the Installation, configuration, and maintenance of all ICT related emergency communications equipment.
1. ICT Strategy and Policy:
· Assist in the Implementation of organisational ICT Strategy and Policy within Somalia programme offices. Assist in the Implementation of organisational ICT Strategy and Policy within Somalia programme offices.
· Guided by the ICT manager, make contribution needed towards Formulating and implementing country ICT plans, based on Organisational broader strategy.
· Sensitize country staff to changes and improvements in technology.
· Proactively understand the software needs of the country and manage and supervise the implementation through the use of contractors (where appropriate).
· Proactively understand the ICT needs of the communities served by the organisation and implement systems so that ICT can be used as an instrument of development and for evaluating the impact of the organisation.
2. Server and network monitoring and maintenance:
· Routine check-up of server functionality through monitoring, storage space and general health of the servers to ensure maximum uptime.
· Check electric power backup systems including Smart UPSs and inverters uptime and arrange parts replacement where necessary to ensure maximum uptime of Infrastructure.
· Assist to carry out data backups (as per the organisation’s policies and guidelines) – disaster recovery with the help of the ICT manager, Regional advisor and helpdesk staff.
· Carry out routine checks on the condition of the network infrustructure and propose necessary upgrades or changes to ensure efficiency.
· Maintain a log for server, network and general ICT problems on the country ICT helpdesk portal.
3. Data backup
· Safeguard compliance in terms of data backup and storage.
· Monitor backup logs daily and rotate offsite laptop/ desktop disk at the end of every week.
· Users support:
· Help users in day-to-day ICT problems such as logging into the network, printing to network printers, recovery of deleted files, monitor problems affecting server configuration files etc.
· Advise users and induct new users to follow ICT polices and guidelines including rollout and sensitization to staff on ICT User Regulations.
· Coordinate various ICT training programmes for Concern Somalia staff.
· Keep a log of users’ complaints and support/solutions provided.
· Help users to understand ICT policy and gather feedback from the users on the policy and propose for changes/update.
4. Workstation maintenance by ensuring the following;
· Periodically check workstations, scanning hard disks ensuring virus protection as per Concern’s policies and guidelines.
· Be pro-active and troubleshoot all problems.
· Keep a log of problems and solutions.
· Keep contact with ICT department headquarters and external service vendors for necessary services, parts and consumables
6. Other Tasks: Responding to Emergencies:
· Help to evaluate emerging trends and technologies in the Organisation’s context and present findings, recommendations and specifications through written reports & presentations.
· Travel to Concern’s project sub-offices on a regular basis to audit the ICT system there and support these offices in any IT related matters.
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
· In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
· Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
· Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
· Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behaviour is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
8. Concern’s Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies
· Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the (1) Programme Participant Protection Policy; (2) Child Safeguarding Policy; and (3) Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy.
Skills and Qualifications
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
ü University degree in ICT (or equivalent qualification from a technical institution or substantial working experience in ICT domain)
ü At least 3 years experience working in an ICT planning and administration environment
ü Excellent knowledge on Computer and related hardware and ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware related problems;
ü Good Knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019 server, windows 7/10
ü Good Knowledge in virtualisation technology especially VMware working environment.
ü Knowledge on ICT4D related projects methodologies and best practices and
Knowledge on Digital Data gathering techniques.
· Good interpersonal skills;
· Ability to provide training for small groups.
· Be able to work independently as well as in a team.
· Good communication skills on local and international level.
Behaviors and attitude
· Demonstrate understanding and commitment to shared values of the Organisation, mutual respect; equity and justice; honesty and transparency; empathy with poor and marginalised people.
Have a proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to email@example.com with the subject title “Application for ICT Assistant” by Sunday, 4th Feb 2023.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct, which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organizations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal