About the Job
ICT Specialist 2 manages and organizes all ICT systems and offers ICT related services in the area of responsibility. S/he assists the ICT Coordinator in design and installation of ICT infrastructure.
The ICT Specialist is in charge of ICT daily operations at Garowe, Guriceel, Galkayo, Bosaso and Hargeisa offices and visits other ICRC sites across Somalia for technical support and projects roll out.
This is a national/resident position based in Garowe, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently installs, maintains, repairs and monitors ICT equipment in line with ICRC standards
- As a part of global support services handles customer/staff queries and escalates as per the ICT policy
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly, carries out regular physical checks and maintains adequate stocks levels
- Ensures that existing ICT infrastructure is functional and carries out routine maintenance
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC’s ICT systems
- Collaborates with the other ICT team members in projects roll outs
- Supports in development and update of technical documentation for all IT equipment
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Electronics or Computer Science
- 4 years’ troubleshooting experience in the area of ICT service catalogue; workplace services, telecommunications, IT and help desk
- Windows Server Technology Certification
- Security Gateway and Fire wall Certification
- Skilled in LAN and WAN configuration
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Wireless and VSat technologies
- Experience in Project management and report writing
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a very busy environment
- Good command of English and Somali language
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 18th January 2023. Clearly indicate the position title ICT Specialist Garowe in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job application, click on this link to fill the application form: ICT Specialist Garowe
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.