- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Country: Somalia
- Field location: Garoowe
- Office: UNDP in Garoowe
- Closing date: Wednesday, 10 May 2023
Job Identification : 10102 Locations : Garoowe, Somalia Posting Date : 04/26/2023, 11:24 AM Apply Before : 05/11/2023, 03:59 AM Job Schedule : Full time Agency : UNDP Grade : NPSA-5 Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement Practice Area : Management Bureau : Regional Bureau for Arab States Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 5 year(s) experience Other Criteria : Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Required Languages : English Vacancy Timeline 2 Weeks Job Description Background Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach. The ICT Support Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations Manager, Programme and Operations teams in the Sub Office and overall supervision of the ICT Manager in resolving complex ICT-related issues. Duties and Responsibilities Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT management systems and strategies; Effective functioning of the Sub Office hardware and software packages; Support to networks administration; Provision of administrative support.
Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the Sub Office technology environment; Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services; Provision of inputs to the Sub Office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs); Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
Ensures effective functioning of the Sub Office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs; Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades; Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis; Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis; Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention. Organizing Video/Audio/Web Conferences Install, configure, and troubleshoot O365 applications.
Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems; Response to user needs and questions regarding network access; Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware; Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials; Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit; Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials; Extraction of data from various sources; Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required; Provision of ICT support to key events.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Sub Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Competencies Core Achieve Results:
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.) UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site. Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies) Thematic Area Name Definition Information Management & Technology IT Customer Support Ability to support l customers on IT related issues and generate and contribute to continuous improvement processes to deliver a great user experience. Knowledge of ISO 9001 desirable. ITIL certification or similar is desirable. Information Management & Technology IT Service Delivery & Operations Ability to deliver the IT products and services to customers at the right level of Quality and Costs, taking into account user experience. ISO 20000 knowledge. ITIL certification or similar desirable. Information Management & Technology Network, Communication, and Infrastructure Management Ability to develop/integrate/operate/manage IT network, communications, Cloud or on-premises infrastructure, and new technologies like IoT. Cisco CCIE CCNP or similar is desirable. Information Management & Technology User Experience and business analyst Capacity to translate efficiently users needs in IT requirements around human-centred design principles. Knowledge of Oracle Cloud, ServiceNow, SalesForce.com, and Microsoft product an asset. Business ManagementManagement Operations Management Ability to effectively plan, organize, and overseethe Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms Business ManagementManagement Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels Business ManagementManagement Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns. Business ManagementManagement Evaluation Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Required Skills and Experience Education:
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months. University Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications. 2 years may be accepted with a bachelor’s degree At least 5 years’ experience in ICT management systems and strategies. Experience in hardware and software packages. Experience in networks administration. Experience in administrative support.
- Fluency in English.