Overall purpose of the role:
DRC is seeking an experienced IM Coordinator to strengthen its information management in the midst of its scale up to respond to the current drought in Somalia. The IM Coordinator will harmonize the system of data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination across the DRC operations. This includes the provision of technical input and support on information management to the SMS field teams and other relevant units as requested/required. Produce high-quality IM products for reporting, advocacy and support to DRC’s internal monitoring and evaluation.
- Establish Information Management system and develop forms, tools and databases for capturing, evaluating and improving project
- Ensure consistent response from the MEAL department to requests for information
- Explore innovative means for capturing and using data, storing information and documentation, and managing information
- In collaboration with the IT & MEAL departments, design and maintain a web-based platform for capturing and sharing implementation
- data and information.
- Ensure that all sources of verification are cross-examined prior to reporting
- Supervise and build the capacity of database assistants in order to ensure that data is refined to meet high quality standards
- Ensure timely and effective collection of data from data sources and identify appropriate data sources.
- Mapping sector Program activities using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or any other web-based system that reflects area and
- type of organization interventions
- Ensure every programme has a documented engagement with beneficiaries in initial, mid-term and before closure of the project with
- learning points shared and actioned.
- Produce monthly reports of project progress including accurate data-analysis and gaps
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts, info-graphics and other visual materials in order to support and improve
- project implementation and reporting
- Update 3W matrix with information and data from the relevant sector.
- Ensure the security of all shared information
- Disseminate reports to clusters, donors and stakeholders as requested
- Conduct data quality checks to the data/information periodically
- Create online forms as requested by the MEAL Manager
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager, establish Information/Database Management policies and procedures
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the line manager
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years combined field and/or headquarters experience in international organizations (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, IOs, bilateral cooperation agencies, etc.)
- Masters in Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or other relevant field
- Demonstrated experience and skills in data analysis and visualization software such as PowerBI, GIS, Tableau.
- Proven skills to analyze statistical information and ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Demonstrated information management skills and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies, especially in relation to protection, human rights and humanitarian assessment and monitoring data.
- Strong understanding and experience in implementing relational databases.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English
Contract: 12 Months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment; Employment band Non-Management G
Availability: 1st February 2023
Duty station: This position is based in Mogadishu or Baidoa with travel to field locations .
Reporting Line: MEAL Manager
Providing equal opportunities We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards : DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 5th January 2023
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!