About the job.
The intern will provide additional support to the Baidoa office in order to maintain a standard level of IT. The opportunity will provide IT operations expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the post holder will predominantly fall into the following key responsibility, but not limited to.
Under the technical supervision of IT Coordinator, the intern will:
- Assist in configuring and setting up new IT equipment, appliances, and end-user devices.
- Assist in migrating machines to Azure AD.
- Assist with deployment of approved IT solutions/applications and products onto end user devices.
- First point-of-contact in troubleshooting and providing support to user machines.
- Assist in basic wireless and wired network troubleshooting.
- Notify Country IT Coordinator when there’s internet outage in DRC office.
- Assist in the physical inventory and movement of ICT equipment in the duty office.
- Communicate with the on-site IT coordinator or IT focal team member on existing or observed issues
- Assist in accessing and managing the cyber security posture of user end devices (personal computers), and servers where available.
- Assist in the deployment of software updates.
- With the support from the Country IT Coordinator assist ID card production for new staff.
- Assist archiving DRC area staff handover data to the sector workspaces during the exit clearance.
- Register new staff to the biometric attendance system.
- Manage internet bandwidth utilization through Meraki Router.
- Assist new staff IT induction
- Assist tracking and release of all IT assets (laptops, computers, tablets, cameras, etc.) issued to staff
- Ensure all employees adhere to DRC internet policy and understand these policies.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Somalia programs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Experience,Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Have a bachelor’s degree / Diploma in IT/BBIT/ Computer Science
- Have basic to advanced knowledge in network communication and administration, as well as IT operations.
- Basic understanding of Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows 10 support.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Fluency in Arabic & English.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including excel, etc. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to engage with communities, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work sensitively with vulnerable people, considering gender, age and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives, in a multicultural context.
- Ability to act calmly in tense situations, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and act with transparency and integrity.
- Solution-oriented approach, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 Months.
Band: (Non-management -Intern)
Designation of Duty Station: Baidoa Somalia
Start date: January 2022.
The position is open to Somalia national only.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18th December 2022.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!