The DRC Somalia Programme is the largest programmes in East Africa region and has been providing relief and development services since 1997. DRC is among the INGOs with the largest presence in Somalia, with country-wide programmes implemented through six main sub offices in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiran Region, Gedo Region, Bay Region and Banadir Region. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Overall purpose of the role:
The intern will provide additional support required to maintain a standard level of IT to Beletweyne office. The opportunity will offer experience IT operations.
Under the technical supervision of IT Coordinator, the intern will:
- Assist in configuring and setting up new IT equipment, appliances, and end-user devices.
- Assist in migrating machines to Azure AD.
- Assist with deployment of approved IT solutions/applications and products onto end user devices.
- First point-of-contact in troubleshooting and providing support to user machines.
- Assist in basic wireless and wired network troubleshooting.
- Notify Country IT Coordinator when there’s internet outage in DRC office.
- Assist in the physical inventory and movement of ICT equipment in the duty office.
- Communicate with the on-site IT coordinator or IT focal team member on existing or observed issues
- Assist in accessing and managing the cyber security posture of user end devices (personal computers), and servers where available.
- Assist in the deployment of software updates.
- With the support from the Country IT Coordinator assist ID card production for new staff.
- Assist archiving DRC area staff handover data to the sector workspaces during the exit clearance.
- Register new staff to the biometric attendance system.
- Manage internet bandwidth utilization through Meraki Router.
- Assist new staff IT induction
- Assist tracking and release of all IT assets (laptops, computers, tablets, cameras, etc.) issued to staff
- Ensure all employees adhere to DRC internet policy and understand these policies.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Somalia programs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Have a bachelor’s degree / Diploma in IT/BBIT/ Computer Science
- Have basic to advanced knowledge in network communication and administration, as well as IT operations.
- Basic understanding of Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows 10 support.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Fluency in Arabic & English.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including excel, etc. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to engage with communities, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work sensitively with vulnerable people, considering gender, age and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives, in a multicultural context.
- Ability to act calmly in tense situations, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and act with transparency and integrity.
- Solution-oriented approach, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.Languages:
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali & English
- Arabic is desirable
- ABOUT YOUIn this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results through the country team both to position DRC and ensure excellence in all deliverables.
- Collaborating: You lead initiatives at country operation level by involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen to beneficiaries, staff and other stakeholders; and you communicate concisely and persuasively
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values and set a very clear standard for your country team members..
- Availability: January 2023
- Duty station: Beletweyne.Reporting to: Base Manager
Duration: 6 Month with possibility of extension based on performance and funding
The position is open to INTERNALS NATIONALS ONLY
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested internal candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 11th December 2022.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!