ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCY
HIMILO – GAROWE
Himilo MFI is a financial institution that provides micro-lending services to economically disadvantaged and low-income households, small-scale entrepreneurs, particularly women and youth, and start-up firms that would not have access to such services otherwise. It arose from the goal to enhance the quality and accessibility of financial services offered to poor and unbanked Somalis. It delivers products and services complying with Sharia law. Himilo’s main office is located in Garowe, Puntland, Somalia.
General Position Summary:
The Investment Manager is responsible for screening the investment applicants, monitoring the process of investment approval and its sharia compliance, developing strategies for managing a significant portfolio of investments, including meeting with fund managers, preparing and reporting on the analysis of investments and investment strategies; assisting in the analysis of a variety of treasury activities, including internal investment activity, preparing the performance report; and assisting in the preparation of the performance report.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review all investment process and evaluate the viability of the applicant’s business plan, repayment capacity, and other investment eligibilities.
- Monitor the process of Investment approvals and ensure that all investments are authorized based on qualified information, underlying security, and third-party guarantee.
- Review the internal compliance while lending with Himilo internal policy, products requirement and eligibility criteria set out by the Himilo for the loan applicants.
- Conduct financial appraisal and collect detailed information from prospect clients (personal, business, and guarantees)
- Prepare the documentation and send recommendation to the Management of Himilo MFI.
- Develop a plan to achieve Himilo investment portfolio targets and seek approval from the Himilo CEO.
- Monitor the application, preparation, and disbursement for new loans.
- Conduct frequent field visits to clients.
- Prepare and compile a weekly investment report on the progress of the credit operations.
- Report all violation of loan agreement by clients Identify cause of the breach and recommend a response to the Himilo CEO.
- Evaluate the credit risk of clients.
- the Investment manager will provide analytical briefings to the Management of Himilo MFI, to enable them properly to understand and comprehend the lending.
Minimum Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ year related experience
- Good experience in Sharia based investment management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance or related discipline; MBA or similar master’s degree preferred.
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Proficient and fluent in spoken and written Somali & English Language
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good IT skills are preferred.
This position is based in Garowe, Puntland – Somalia, and is unaccompanied. Himilo team members represent the company during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and company’s policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Himilo’s vision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
How to apply
Written applications should be addressed to: Merit Advisory Services. More about Merit, visit here: https://meritadvisory.so/.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications by submitting a detailed CV, certificates and Cover letter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 26th March, 2023 with the subject line ‘‘Investment Manager”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.