WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Position: IT Operations Officer NOB
Location: Mogadisho- Somalia
Date of Issue: 1st December 2022
Closing Date: 14th December 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
What will you do?
- Deliver the first level for day-to-day technical support and overall incident management process for WFP SOMALIA Staff and Partners.
- Promote positive end-user relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous improvement of Tier 1 support, desktop administration, and telecom delivery for all stakeholders.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff to support business through excellent customer service.
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Monitoring ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Gather and report operational metrics, accomplishments, and priorities for weekly leadership meeting.
- Provide technology operational support to the digital services assistance teams across all area offices.
- Establish trends and identify patterns of recurring issues, SLA breaches or inefficiencies
- Escalation and resolution of software issues to the information systems/development team
- Escalation and resolution of third-party software/systems issues by the support team
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, and while being accountable for team performance.
- Define and implement processes and procedures for supporting all Business units across the organization
- Develop a Helpdesk annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain Technical Support/knowledge base.
Education: Advanced University degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, or any science/logic-related discipline.
Experience: At least five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in English is a must.
Knowledge &Skills: Advanced training and/or experience in standard Beneficiary and Transfers Management systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration: 1year Initial
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: 14th December 2022
WFP does not charge any application fee.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.